Acupressure and Accupuncture
Acudetox is a type of Acupuncture developed by the National Acupuncture Detoxification Association (NADA) in 1985 for managing behavioral health systems, including addiction. Acupuncture is the world’s oldest medical science that has been around for thousands of years. This evidenced based protocol restores the body’s ability for meridians or channels to freely flow. The protocol includes placing 5 small needles at specific points in each ear, by Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist Kimberly Powers, MA LPC CAADC ADS MITS. The needles are placed and left in for up to 45 minutes.
The benefits may include the following from the 5 points:
- Sympathetic: Used for relieving tension and pain relief (dilates blood vessels) and (balances the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems)
- Shenmen: Produces a calming and relaxing effect; alleviates anxiety and nervousness; supporting internal processes of recovery
- Kidney: Used to release unwanted toxins; strengthen willpower and growth; reduce fear; and encourage rejuvenation
- Liver: Used to detoxify and relieve anger and aggression; allowing the body’s system to move more smoothly
- Lung: Helps with respiration; detoxification; building immunity; and protecting the body from disease.
Other benefits: Reducing Opiate withdrawal and other withdrawal symptoms; offsetting cravings; reducing insomnia and anxiety, restoring balance and healing to the body’s systems.